Judges Marybeth Ayres, Jennifer Fairfax, Louis Leibowitz, and Bradford McCullough are on the ballot this year for Judge – and they need YOUR help! One of the ways you can assist the Sitting Judges, who face two opponents in the upcoming primary, is by volunteering at a polling site during Early Voting and on Primary Election Day. Polling site volunteers inform voters by handing out palm cards, discussing the rigorous and non-partisan Judicial Nominating Commission process, and sharing the importance of ensuring that Montgomery has only the most qualified judges on the bench.
Not only is volunteering a fun way to provide support, it is also relatively easy to volunteer. To sign-up to work shifts at the polls, follow these simple steps:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email, and phone number expressing your interest in volunteering at the polls.
- Additionally, please include your requested dates, shifts, and geographic location.
- Dates: Early Voting takes place every day from Thursday, May 2-May 9, 2024. Primary Election Day is May 14, 2024. Early voting centers will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Shifts: There are three shifts each day – Morning Shift (7:00-11:30 AM); Mid-Day Shift (11:30-3:30 PM); and Evening Shift (3:30-8:00 PM).
- Location: For flexibility, you can provide a city or town (e.g., Aspen Hill, Damascus, Bethesda) and the Volunteers Committee will coordinate a specific site that most closely matches with that city/town. If you have a preferred site (e.g., Mid-County Community Rec Center; Tilden Middle School), please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate.
It really is that simple! You can also sign-up your friends, family members, and colleagues to work a shift with you – just be sure to provide their pertinent contact information and copy them on the email. Within a couple of days, a member of the Volunteers Committee will confirm the date, time, and location of your shifts. Closer to your shift, you will receive additional information regarding your obligations during your shift, where to pick up materials (including your free campaign t-shirt!), and some pointers on how to be an effective volunteer.
On behalf of the Elect Sitting Judges Montgomery County Slate, the Volunteers Committee appreciates your time and consideration in serving as a volunteer during Early Voting and on Primary Election Day. We look forward to seeing you at the polls supporting Judges Ayres, Fairfax, Leibowitz, and McCullough.
Volunteers Committee Co-Chairs,
Elect Sitting Judges Montgomery County Slate
P.S. Want to do even more to support our Sitting Judges? Contact us about being a Cluster Captain on Election Day or consider donating to the campaign here:https://www.electsittingjudgesmcs.com/donate/. Also, please consider forwarding this email to your colleagues, neighbors, and friends.
"*" indicates required fields